Friday, March 20, 2009

Life Can Look Funny

Life can just look so funny at times!
It's been a while since I've updated my blog... mainly because I miss out on the two way dynamics of communication. Blogs seem to be just "one way" but I guess that's o.k. That's what Facebook is for and go figure... the phone! So as I ease back into the world of writing, I start with just a quick li'l note of how life can look and seem so funny at times!
I found Ava recently making faces in the bathroom... at first I didn't know WHAT she was doing. She was just staring at our bathroom sink, or so it had appeared. And then as I looked closer, I noticed she was making faces in the handles of the cupboards! I tried to hold my delight in, as I didn't want to interrupt her curriosity. It was absolutely fascinating to watch her just smile and then contort her face in all these ways so as to make a more unique and often hilarious version of herself! I was crackin' up so hard!
It reminded me to just take pause and just enjoy a different side of myself. I don't always have to look just right and strive so hard in life. Sometimes a little variation of who we are shakes things up a bit! So taking a cue from my almost three year old, take a minute and go stare at yourself in the knobs or spoons of life... and just crack up at your self for a few! It's hilarious!


2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

Great insight...and great pictures of her in the handles!

TEAM SWITZER said...

Too cute Jen! you did a GREAT job capturing her face on the camera. I think that blogging offers a more long term memory of your life-keep it up, I check your blog often and have been waiting for some more fun pictures of your family!