Monday, March 23, 2009

Just. Like. Me.



I had MOPS today where the theme for the meeting was: Spa Day! We had various stations throughout the room where we could go and pamper ourselves. I got to soak my feet and paint my nails... It was heavenly. For my nail color, I picked this obnoxious shade of pink. I LOVE IT.

When Ava and I got home, we continued our relaxing morning. We snuggled. Played toys. Read books. Watched TV together. All the while, Ava kept playing with my fingers and admiring my pink nail polish. Finally, she asks, "Mommy. Can I hab pink po-wish just like you?!" Heart melting. "Of course you can!" We had the best time together. Ava's First Manicure! She was so giddy! She even went and stood in front of the mirror showing off her nails... to herself... and just giggled.

And then it hit me: My precious baby wants to be just like me. This knowledge alone gives me chills. The weight of that responsibility is pretty sobering. I don't want her to acquire my weaknesses... just my strengths! Oh if only it could be that simple. So with her little soft hand laid on top of mine... FLAMIN' PINK NAIL POLISH and all... I whisper a promise to myself. That I will be the best version of JEN I can possibly be for her. Cause I have a li'l one... who wants to be just like me.

1 comment:

TEAM SWITZER said...

Too cute in your pink! I am looking forward to precious moments like this with Ellyson, but I too am anxious about being my best for her little eyes and ears. Lets both keep each other in prayer as we strive to be a great example for our little ones!