Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fancy Girl


I got to get dressed up this past Wednesday...
and it was so much fun.
Our church put on a Christmas At Tiffany's event for all the women.

Up til' this event, I hadn't had an occasion for getting all dolled up lately. And that's o.k. Although I must say, I am inspired to find fun and exciting things to do with my hubby. Things that would require a little more than my red "pull over" that I've been wearing since high school. Events where Matt would have to take his hat off and wear a tie. And places where we both were not allowed to wear jeans. I must say, that there is an added benefit to getting all dressed up... yeah it makes me feel good. But it's that look. It's that expression of "ooohh" that is always good for the ego. Like when I came out in the living room to model for my husband and asked if he liked my top...
Matt's expression was just what I needed for my feminine love tank!
He glided toward me and sighed, "Ooooh, I LIKE this!" and then couldn't keep his hands off me. That was FUN! O.k. TMI maybe but you get my point.

It's also great for the girls! I got to go shopping with two of my friends for this event a couple nights before. It was so fun trying on things and just helping each other by keeping things real and encouraging. What would we do with out our girl friends?

My dates (my bible study small group):
Heather, DeeDee, and Holly
We missed Steph and Amy so much!

I got to see other friends there too. It was so wonderful to see all these lovely ladies looking so beautiful. And the best part... was that you could really tell we truly ALL felt that way.

The MOPS Girls:
Holly and Jenny

The event was held at the Pioneer Park Pavillion. It was decked out in beautiful Christmas Lights, black table cloths and classy decorations. We enjoyed a fancy buffet of shrimp and other yummies and for dessert we had cake lolly pops. We even had Tiffany Blue lemon aid to sip on. Nothing was missed. We listened to this hilarious comedian... my cheeks hurt even the next day! It was just so much fun!


Ladies from my previous small group:
Tara and Sandie


This event reminded me that:

It's imporatant to get dressed up from time to time.
and
It's a blessing to have so many relationships
that build the facets of sweet community in your life!
and
Buying a really nice, form fitting top...
will make your husband drool.
Try it!

2 comments:

Joy said...

How fun was that! I'm glad you got to go. You looked beautiful! I was just thinking about that the other day. I wonder if my husband's sick of me wearing sweats around the house and a hoodie when I do errands and jeans everyday I do anything. I sure am. It would be fun to dress up and look nice more often than once a year for a wedding or other special occassion.

Rachel Ann said...

I Love the TMI comment about Matt!